Wednesday, January 21, 2015

DIY Cookbook

Being a person who loves to cook and bake, I have gathered together so many recipes of things I would love to make in the future. Because this hobby is such a messy task, trying to read recipes off of electronic devices is difficult and time consuming. So, I decided to make a cookbook where I can write down all of my recipes and easily be able to reach it while cooking.


The materials you'll need are:
  • A composition notebook
  • Scrapbook Paper
  • Drawings or Print-outs of Cooking/Baking Tools
  • Colorful Pens and Sharpies
  • Mod Podge
  • Sponge Brush
  • Scissors or Exacto Knife

First, place mod podge over the front cover of the notebook.
Then place the sheet of scrapbook paper over the cover and flatten it out, making sure the whole surface is covered.
Then, using your scissors or an exacto knife, cut off the excess pieces.
These excess pieces can then be used to cover the back side of the notebook. I also decided to place a ribbon on the back side to cover the line that was left by the separated pieces.
Then, I decided to use a gold sharpie to write "let's bake!" on the cover of the notebook.
I also decided to outline it with a black pen. 
After finishing the title, I used baking themed paper to make corners on the book. I also arranged the baking tools cut outs I had on the cover and glued them on.
Once everything is dry and is set to your liking, mod podge the whole surface of both the front and back cover. This is the final look of my cookbook and I absolutely love it.
I hope you guys enjoyed this post and making this cookbook, if you tried it out. I would love to see and hear about your versions of this diy and anything else you've made. Have any tips or ideas you want me to try out? I would love to hear about them through your comments below. Thanks for reading. Until the next post. Never forget to be you :)

5 comments:

  1. This looks so cute and perfect if you want to make your own cook book. Great job.

    LEJA

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah this is so so darling!! i dont cook much but this definitely makes me want to start trying ahhah xxx

    ReplyDelete