Saturday, February 21, 2015

Butter Mochi

This weekend, I decided to bake up a pan of butter mochi for my family. My finished product tasted so delicious that I just couldn't resist sharing the recipe with you all! :)

Ingredients:
5 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 cups whole milk
1 pound mochiko (glutinous rice flour)
2 1/2 cups white sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup butter melted
1 cup coconut flakes (optional)

Directions:
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. In a medium bowl, mix together eggs, vanilla, and milk.


3. In a separate large bowl, mix together rice flour, sugar and baking powder.



4. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until blended together.
5. Mix in melted butter and coconut.
6. Pour into a baking pan and bake for one hour.



7. Let cool and serve in cut squares. Enjoy :)

Unfortunately, I forgot to take a picture of my butter mochi when it finished baking and when I remembered it was already all gone, haha. But I'm sure you'll do a wonderful job at making this delicious dessert. Thanks for reading. Hope you enjoy this sweet little treat. Until the next post. Never forget to be you :)

P.S. Check out my previous recipe: Macadamia Nut Crumble Cake

6 comments:

  1. It all looks really delicious and it's making me hungry, hehe! I'm going to have to give ago :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Let me know what you think if you try it. Hope you enjoy :)

      Delete
  2. i love mochi, i've never thought of making it myself!

    xx danielle // shades of danielle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely try it out! It's simple to make and delicious :)

      Delete
  3. I have never heard of this but it looks so good, going to have to try it!

    http://lancasterfresher.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment! And you should definitely give it a try. I would love to hear what you think about it :)

      Delete