Saturday, February 28, 2015

February Favorites 2015

Makeup:
I don't wear makeup on a day to day basis but whenever I perform with my hula group at church events and community service projects, we put on a few basic products while trying to keep a natural and simple look. Here are the things I have been loving to use this month:
  1. Neutrogena Long Wear Makeup Foundation
  2. Neutrogena Eye Liner in cosmic black
  3. Estee Lauder Sumptuous Mascara
  4. CoverGirl Instant Cheekbones Contouring Blush



Hair:
As for my hair, I always like to try my best at keeping it looking healthy and smooth. From cleaning to styling, here are the hair products and tools I have been using a lot this month:
  1. Pantene Pro-V Highlighting Shampoo
  2. Pantene Conditioner
  3. Chi Heat Spray
  4. NuMe Curl Jam

Books:
This month, I surprisingly found a lot of time to read a few books that I have been sitting on my desk forever. I absolutely loved reading all of them, although some were pretty scandalous and not what I expected, haha. Anyways, here's the list of the books I have read this month:
  1. The Duff - This book has a good moral to it, although some of the chapters were pretty explicit. I was also able to go and watch the movie the other day with some of my friends and I thought it was pretty good. 
  2. The Infinite Moment of Us - I absolutely love this book and I was definitely able to relate to it a little because I too don't really know what I want to be when I grow up yet. The story was basically about making some of the biggest decisions in your life, and how much harder it gets when you begin to fall in love.


TV Show:
Everyday when I get home from school, I always like to relax for a while and watch some tv. The shows I am currently loving this month and keeping up with are:
  1. The Fosters (Abc Family) - I have been keeping up with this show since it first premiered and I absolutely love the whole story line and meaning to it. Although sometimes some of the situations and characters on the show are not to my liking and irritate me (haha), it's interesting to see how this kind of family acts in the world and the things they would do to make sure their loved ones are safe and happy.
  2. Red Band Society (Fox) - I have also been watching this show since it first premiered and I am definitely hooked on watching every season until the end. It is through this show where one can actually see what's behind all the hospital doors. It helps us to realize that teens who have physical and mental illnesses are regular people too, who have to face the same problems as we do while at the same time having to fight against the bad things in their body.
  3. MasterChef Junior (Fox)
  4. Kid's Baking Championship (Food Network) - Both MasterChef Junior and Kid's Baking Championship are amazing shows that showcase the talents of such young and creative children. Loving to cook and bake myself, it's fun to watch the different things that someone as young as 10 years old can create on the spot with certain ingredients. Both shows have also reached the Finale this last week of February and it's so nice to see the winners' reaction. One can only imagine the sense of accomplishment they feel at such a young age, since they were named one of the best young chefs/bakers in the world.
Music: 
This month, I've been loving the albums: Four by One Direction and Title by Meghan Trainor. All of the songs in these albums are catchy, fun, and relatable. I can always find something from either of them to match whatever mood I am in.

To see some of the specific songs I've been loving, check out my post February Playlist.

What are some of the things you've been loving this month? I would love to hear about it in the comments below. Thanks for reading. Until the next post. Never forget to be you! :)

*Disclaimer: All opinions are my own, and I am not being sponsored by the company(ies) mentioned above*

9 comments:

  1. Love your favorites. The duff is my favorite book ever.

    check out my newest post
    xx
    Tyana
    theluxedition.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Neutrogena Long Wear Makeup Foundation is something I've been wanting to try for ages, I want too even more now!
    Bethany x

    bethanygraceo.blogspot.dk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely favorites! "The Fosters" is really interesting and it's a great story.You have a nice blog! I'd love if you checked out my blog, and if you like it, can we follow each other on “GFC” (blog followers), “Google+”, and bloglovin? I promise I’ll follow you back <3

    x♥x♥

    "Health & Beauty"




    ReplyDelete
  4. those books look so good, i'm definitely going to read them!! great post :)

    xolindseyland.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Hope you enjoy reading them :)

      Delete
  5. I love watching Masterchef too! Hmm...those books look interesting. Gonna check them out. I remember doing a 'Best Reads of 2014' blog post! Thanks so much for the comments on my blog I really appreciate it! XOXO
    Lailabee
    www.lailabee.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! Love your posts. Thanks for reading mine :)

      Delete
  6. Cute blog omg, loving it, I totally have to read the infinite moment of us! i really want to watch Duff but it hasn't come out in the UK and omg!!!! I watch the fosters tooo, I love it sooo much

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I hope you enjoy them both. And did you watch the new episode? Ahh, I can't wait to see what happens next :)

      Delete