Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Tips on Saving Money

As I started saving up money to spend on my trip to Europe, which I am so excited for, I tried different ways in trying to keep the money I save in my piggy bank until it's actually time to use it. Everyone once in a while we all know that there are certain days when we are tempted to take a few bills out and in trying to keep what I am saving actually saved, here are a few tips that I found worked out for me.



  1. I found that folding my money into a star kept me from taking it out of my piggy bank and spending the dollar bills I have saved. I feel that this worked because taking it out and having to unfold the dollars I need takes up time, and I wouldn't want to destroy something I made that looks so cute. If you want to try this method out, I learned how to do this using this tutorial. It's really easy to make and pretty cool if you ask me.




  2. My second tip is to get a jar or piggy bank and decorate it however you want, and use it to save every single coin that you receive or find. Although it seems like a small amount during that moment, in the end it will add up to a lot of money. I filled up this cute jar I got from one of my best friends with all the coins I had and it added up to more than $50!
  3. Another thing I have been doing is saving every $5 bill that I receive. It seems a little silly to be saving one of the smaller bills, but in the end this method works amazingly. Saving something thats not too little but also not too much doesn't hurt the budget that you can spend. I have only been keeping my fives for a few months now and I've already saved up about $100.
Hope these tips helps you out, and if you do decided to try them let me know your progress! What are some of the money saving tips you have? I would love to hear about them in the comments below, or feel free to tweet me @reyestmarie. Thanks for reading. Until the next post. Never forget to be you! :)

6 comments:

  1. Thats a great idea! I do the same thing with $5 bills!
    Since I'm Canadian I also save my $1 and $2 coins as well as all the small change!

    Xx
    www.amandagouthro.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cool! brilliant! awesome post :)

    http://ovationspas.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing this post. It's really worth a read!

    ReplyDelete